Monday 1 August 2016

Venetian Mask

It is the turn of team Stella to bring you this Fortnights challenge and our theme is Theatrical.

I have wanted to colour Mitzi's Venetian Mask - Harlequinade for some time and thought this was the perfect challenge to use it for my DT inspiration.

I have visited Venice and couple of times, once as a child and about 6 years ago, I think is a beautiful and unique city and one of the things I love the most is the stunning venetian masks in all the shops.

On my last trip I purchased one in a lovely Emerald Green and Gold, which happens to also be the colour scheme I used for my wedding.


So here is my project with my Venetian mask.


 I kept to two colour families, Green & yellow, with just a hint of gold in the some of the pearls on the image and I also outlined some elements with a gold gel pen.  Finally I added a thin line of gold glitter around the image.


It doesn't show up very well, but the background is embossed with a harlequin pattern to match the mask.



The feathers have been cut on my Cameo.

I do hope you come on over and join us.

You can find all things Aurora Wings with the following links:

Digi Shop
Etsy Shop
Aurora Wings Challenge Blog
Showcase Blog
Facebook Group

Challenges Entered:-

Artistic Inspiration - Anything Goes
Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes
A Bit more time to Craft - Anything Goes
Crafters Cafe - Flowers
Petal Lu - Anything Goes

6 comments:

  1. WOW! This is sooo gorgeous, Julie! Fabulous coloring and the die cuts, flowers and bling enhance the image perfectly. Love your staging. It actually inspired me to do some of my own. such a beautiful wedding picture, as well. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. so gracefull and stylish, love how you made this card, lovely wedding pic as well, lots of hugs, Marion

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just LOVE love LOVE the glamour shot of this project, Julie!! Great shading and coloring on the image, and I love the bold look of these peacock feather dies against the rich deep green background. Your wedding photo is fantastic~!! What a great color palette. Everyone looks stunning!! Thank you for this exquisite inspiration for our Theatrical challenge at Aurora Wings. Mitzi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Venetian mask are one of my passions, I'm Italian!!! Beautiful project!
    thanks for joinig us at Craft Your Passion challenge this week!!
    Dt Veronica Penelope

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie this is just plain stunning!! You did an amazing job here!! The image really does look just like a masquarade mask!!! Gorgeoues!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful and elegant card.You've coloured the image so beautifully and what wonderful inspiration!Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message, it is greatly appreciated.
Jules :)